Web editor and content strategist with more than 10 years of experience creating digital content for the internet, structuring content to achieve engagement and reaching audiences across multiple platforms.
Conceives and publishes digital content including editorial, images and social media across multiple platforms. Runs social media campaigns and adjusts marketing strategy to meet campaign goals. Manages writers, develops and writes in-depth websites.
Key Strengths include:
• High-volume content • WordPress
• Instagram • LinkedIn
• Daily publication • CMS • Twitter • Google+
• Business to business • Facebook • YouTube • Analytics
Marketing Writer/Editor, University of Chicago Booth School of Management
November 2012 – Present
Create and edit branded content for a broad range of Chicago Booth marketing and communications pieces. Work closely with marketing managers, designers, and an interactive team to create strong communications pieces include high-visibility viewbooks, long-term campaigns, flagship events, ads, e-mails, websites, and more.
Managing Editor, Fashionablymarketing.me
September 2011 – July 2012
Wrote and edited feature articles for a B2B fashion, marketing and technology blog. Managed contributors, participated in branded content campaigns for corporate clients and managed independent contractor bloggers participating in the campaigns. Managed multiple social media platforms. Optimized posts for search (SEO).
Web Editor, License! Global magazine
January 2011 – March 2012
Wrote and edited B2B content for www.licensemag.com, the website for License! Global magazine. Wrote text ads, maintained custom CMS tool and wrote basic HTML code. Placed photos, created static pages and page elements. Established and managed social media program for magazine on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Digital Writer, Editor and Strategist
February 1998 – January 2011
Worked independently as a freelance writer and editor in both digital and print. Author and contributor to a variety of blogs, including fashionablymarketing.me, visionaryexcellence.com and omnimysterynews.com.
- Developed comprehensive Twitter strategy for ProTips4U, resulting in 20 percent organic growth in followers in two months. Also developed strategy to optimize videos uploaded to YouTube channel for in-platform SEO, resulting in an immediate increase in sales on the ProTips4u.com website.
- Wrote numerous feature articles for CMA Today, the print trade magazine for certified medical assistants. Topics included common ailments in the clinic, distance learning and electronic medical records.
- Worked a long-term freelance assignment in 2007 for Publications International, Ltd. (PIL), which partnered with HowStuffWorks to provide nonfiction content for the HowStuffWorks.com website. Used custom CMS tool to upload and format nonfiction content in a number of subject areas including holiday crafts, kids’ crafts, gardening and scenic drives.
Marketing Copywriter, The New York Times
May 2000 – November 2001
Wrote and edited copy to promote special editorial sections including in-house advertisements, sell sheets for advertisers, and radio spots.
Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism June 1993
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Minors in English and Philosophy